November 19, 2012

Pi Phis Cheer on the Wildcats

Just about every little girl dreams of being on the sidelines of a football field, dressed in head to toe school colors, cheering on their team. Junior Tricia Brensing, sophomores Shelby Wallace and Samantha Rivotto, and freshman Kara Evans are living that dream, as Kansas State cheerleaders.  These women dedicate hours of their time to perfecting their sport, making appearances, signing autographs, and pumping up the fan base of the K-State Wildcats.

Not only are they role models for girls everywhere, they're members of Kansas Beta, too!

Our beautiful Pi Phi Cheerleaders!
Tricia Brensing






How long have you been cheering? This is my third year cheering at k-state started doing cheer in 7th grade!

Favorite part of being a cheerleader? All of the opportunities it's given me!  I've met amazing people, traveled to awesome games, get to voluneteer with the Fierce Cats, various campus appearances, etc.  Plus I absolutely love KSU sports and always have, so getting to be on the sidelines supporting my favorite team is wonderful!  (my fav part of actually cheering is the stunting :)) 

Shelby Wallace
Favorite aspect of Pi Phi?  The exposure I've had to new experiences and people. Pi Phi has made me try new things and grow close with people I might not have met. The friendships I have made with my pledge class, and even those younger and older, have made being a Pi Phi an unforgettable experience. I love how these girls will forever be in my heart! 

How do you manage both cheer and a sorority?  It can be difficult. Cheer is a huge time commitment with practice, games, and appearances. A sorority also has its demands of meetings and events. Finding balance between the two is something I try to do. If I have cheer practice during a pi phi event one week, then the next I might try to attend a pi phi event. Let's just say I have learned the importance of time management while being in college!

What is your favorite memory of cheerleading?  I had the amazing opportunity to go to the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament last year in Pittsburgh! This was something I had always dreamed of doing. We were able to spend four days there, sight-seeing, trying new things, and taking tons of pictures! This experience was even better because I got to go with Tricia, my mom in Pi Phi! We had a blast together, and this trip only made us closer!
Mom/Dot
We are so lucky to have you lovely angels representing Pi Phi! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to both organizations!

No comments:

Post a Comment