November 8, 2012

Angels on the Sideline



Most of us are cheering on the #1 ranked Wildcats from the stands or on T.V. this season, but the K-State dance team, also known as The Classy Cats, get to cheer from the sidelines. These ladies put in countless hours of practice, rehearsals and performances to be called a Classy Cat.

Senior Hayley Lorenzini, junior Erika Baker, sophomore Karissa Kirkendall, and freshmen Abby Hill, Madeline Ginder and Kaitlyn Mohan are more than just Classy Cat teammates, they’re members of Kansas Beta.

Erika Baker


What is your favorite memory of being a Classy Cat thus far?
-My favorite memory of being a Classy Cat was when we went to Dallas last January for the Cotton Bowl. It was a blast and dancing in the Dallas Cowboy Stadium was something I'll never forget.

What is an interesting fact about Classy Cats?
-We are part of the Marching Band and not the Athletic Department. Also we do pep rallies with the band when the team gets back from away games around 2 or 3 AM.

Abby Hill


What is your favorite part of being a Pi Phi?
- My favorite part of being a Pi Phi would definitely have to be the great girls I have met so far! I love our pledge class so much already and I can't wait to live in with them next year! Also, it has been amazing getting to know the older girls, especially after growing up with no older sisters... now I have like over 100 to look up to!

What made you want to be a Classy Cat?
-  I have grown up going to some K-State games with my dad who is a huuuuuge Wildcat fan! When I was younger, my favorite part of going to games was to watch the Classy Cats on the sidelines!

How long have you been dancing?
 - I have been taking dance/acrobat classes starting at the age of three! I became actually serious about dancing when I was in 5th grade and began competitively   dancing and continued that until my senior year!


  These angels are a great representation of strong work ethic, dedication, school spirit, and exquisite talent. Kansas Beta couldn’t be more proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment