December 3, 2012

Angel Competes in Black and Gold Pageant



We are so proud of freshman, Onyeka Ehie, for winning second runner up in the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. Black and Gold Pageant!  The goal of the pageant was to display the true character of African American women, and counteract any negative stereotypes.  As second runner up Miss Black 2013, Onyeka received a $500 scholarship, and is excited to be involved in various events with Alpha Phi Alpha throughout her term!

"I really learned that being diverse is one of my favorite thing about myself, and I'm glad I got to contribute to the process of showing African American women in a positive light! I had never done a pageant so this was something so different and it took A LOT of time and hard work, but I didn't regret anything!" 

Favorite Part?  My favorite part was probably the time we had to just get to know each other and working on the introduction dance was a blast.  It was so much fun and I got to know the girls really well.
All of the contestants
Onyeka and her  family

No comments:

Post a Comment